BLOGS
BOARDS
FACTORY  &  SHOP
Boards
Boards PAPRIUM Investor's Lounge
Best audiophile MD model
15/04/2017 - 03:16
Hi There,

We are looking to get the best Mega Drive system for some audio recordings. We are well aware not all MD systems are equal regarding that because of audio circuit filters and PCB design (my MD2 is quite noisy, noise coming from the VDP activity). Anyone know the best model we could use?

Best, if anyone knows where to get that specific model, please shoot.

Note: We would like to wire a stereo cable to the PCB for better rip, if any improvement, if anyone did that before, feel free to shoot location where to wire the thing.

[:cotcot][:cotcot][:cotcot]

Thanks
Woot! Woot!
15/04/2017 - 03:53
I just sent out some tweet's to some people who might be able to help, my genesis model two has the same issue and i would like to know this answer too.
Fight the future, with the power of your Dreamcast.
15/04/2017 - 03:59
You should talk with Ace, co creatir of the mega amp, an audio fix for crystal clear audio on any md. I can contact him if you want, hes very good on audio for md
USE code 298911 5% Discount Coupon on any product at Checkout
15/04/2017 - 04:07
Aces response: He needs to get a VA3 Genesis Model 1 (well, really any Genesis Model 1 as long as it's a VA3, VA4, VA5, VA6, VA6.5 or VA6.8).Their stock amp is fine no need for mega amp.
He would need one if he got a VA2 or VA2.3 Genesis Model 2.If he wants something that's not too big, that's what he should get and have a Mega Amp 2.0 installed.Consoles with the YM3438 should be avoided.
Woot! The message above has an outstanding like-o-ratio of:
100%
15/04/2017 - 04:13
I can rip with a mega amp2.0 if you want, if you can send audio as a rom for everdrive
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?31989-Take-your-Genesis-audio-to-the-next-level-The-Mega-Amp-2-0-is-here!&styleid=9 
15/04/2017 - 04:16
A user from sega 16 suggested this http://retrorgb.com/genesisaudiomod.html 
16/04/2017 - 01:42
For true audiophile quality I HIGHLY recommend a CCA (crystal clear audio) mod. The sound is superb once that's done.
18/04/2017 - 23:45
I think it's worth it to mention that my old Model 1 Genesis had really bad background noise (humming/buzzing), and when I replaced the old power supply with a brand new one (10v 1.2A) this sound cleared up.
22/04/2017 - 20:20
All model 1s (except the very last batch, i.e. those lacking the "High Definition Graphics and Sound" title on the bezel) would be suitable.

You can thank RetroSpiel for this information, he got back to me on Twitter.

He is an expert on mega drive audio.
17/05/2017 - 00:57
The music sounds awesome, the sega radio interview on the sega lounge has real hardware audio.

I think this is why Fonzie made this thread, it was great and for those of you that have not heard, go check out xGoldenboy's interviews thread.
You may want to sign-in or register to reply to this message.
BLANK CONTENT

FRANÇAIS
ESPAÑOL
PORTUGUÊS
  DEUTSCH  
日本語
Filter: OFF
OPTIONS