SIGN-IN  /  REGISTER    MY ORDER (0)      ENGLISH  
BLOGS
BOARDS
FACTORY  &  SHOP
Boards

Boards PAPRIUM Investor's Lounge
Plans for when the game arrives
17/03/2017 - 10:23
Well, as I'm unsure as to when to expect I am keeping a few days spare holiday so I can book it off work at short notice, my boss knows I'm a huge sega mega drive fan and I've been rambling on about this game for years to all my colleagues. My plan is when the package arrives I don't want to open it until I can get the days off work, then I will sit down with a nice cup of tea and open the box, smell inside and inspect each and every minute detail of the packaging. I'm weird but I love smelling these things, I did with everything I'm my Pier Solar packages.

Then after basking in the glory of what I behold I will carefully place the cart in the machine and maybe do a live steam of playing it for the first night, I might even live stream the opening of the game contents. Either way I want to record as much as possible and stream my playing of it. Then, for the next few days I will play the game to death and have friends round on the Saturday night for beers and play.

THIS GAME IS ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT at the moment. I wake up and check this site, it's the last thing I'm checking at night. I'm spamming allover twitter about it @totalrecaller96 . I've never EVER been this hyped for a release of any game EVER
We live and die in these towns
Woot! The message above has an outstanding like-o-ratio of:
20%
17/03/2017 - 11:20
Yes the smell of new plastic is great, i do plan on recording game footage and a lot of it.
240p recording capability established, looks great and crisp. https://youtu.be/ITQf-2gq3nE 

The more people that can play the game the better, if i knew about Pier Solar in 2010 i would have played it five year's earlier.

Unboxing's before anything else. [:gen]
Fight the future, with the power of your Dreamcast.
17/03/2017 - 11:53
makinagenesis, I do understand you. The smell, the preparations, the ritual of opening. Those are really great plans!!
In my case I'm gonna try to get a plane before I open the package [:dead]
The thing is that a friend of mine, that is a hugefan of retrogaming an Megadrive of corse, lives in another city quite far away (I live in an island), and I plan to travel there with the packet under my arm so we can enjoy a incredible day (days maybe) playing the game and chatting while playing. Just like in the old good days
Never stop trying
17/03/2017 - 13:09
What a fantastic gesture that is! I still have retro game nights round my house at least once every other month and my mega drive is always set up. Playing this on 2 player will #KICKASS :)
We live and die in these towns
17/03/2017 - 13:40
A day off work is definitely in order. After all, it's not every day a scrolling beat 'em up is released on the Mega Drive.

Party time.
17/03/2017 - 17:16
Yeah, that's the feeling, makinagenesis!

I used to play a lot of SOR2 with my brother when we were younger. Every weekend we would play it multiple times.
We still play it, but not as often, naturally.

I'm sure we'll have as much fun as we did back then when PAPRIUM arrives! All that magic will come, once again. [:gen]
At this location a city called... PAPRIKA
17/03/2017 - 23:42
I'll enjoy having a quick package scan, then a bit of a play, then later on (when my wife gets home and I have to switch off) have a full inspection of the contents.

Then, when I have a day free have a proper bash at it. Getting excited! The gold cart would be nice, but being honest I'd like a pfoper black one.
The same cleeg from Sega 16
18/03/2017 - 14:28
Yup the ritualistic unboxing, smelling and air-punches of joy will be happening at my place. I will then make a brew and play the shit out of it and cut myself off in my room from the outside worl like the smelly hairy sasquatch gamer I am. Only poo breaks and food will make me leave my grotto of eternal stench of a room!
Sunlight is the best disinfectant
18/03/2017 - 14:33
I'll be taking a few days off and traveling to my former home to meet up with my friend. We both bought into the game towards the beginning. I expect a 3 day non-stop play. He's the only person I can imagine playing this with. Nothing fancy, but super stoked. As far as smelling the cart, anytime I ever bough a new stock old genesis game I would do the exact same thing. They just smell different. It's like that amazing new car smell; you just can't beat it.
18/03/2017 - 17:40
J'ouvre le colis, j'ouvre la boîte du jeu, je mets la cartouche dans la console et je joue. Quelqu'un va faire autre chose ?
French retrogamer here >>> www.oldiesrising.com
You may want to sign-in or register to reply to this message.

BLANK CONTENT

FRANÇAIS
ESPAÑOL
PORTUGUÊS
  DEUTSCH  
日本語
Filter: OFF
OPTIONS