SIGN-IN  /  REGISTER    MY ORDER (0)      ENGLISH  
BLOGS
BOARDS
FACTORY  &  SHOP
Boards

Boards PAPRIUM Investor's Lounge
The end of the coupon
18/04/2017 - 12:00
Wow 200! Good job! Im proud to have sold 87 mostly to people who never heard about the game, im not known in game communities or blogs (except here!) But I managed to gt the word out with some crazy tactics!
USE code 298911 5% Discount Coupon on any product at Checkout
18/04/2017 - 12:57
Crazy tactics...called spamming.

Several threads / posts here called you out on that.

Stick to flipping, boy.
FM Towns Fan
18/04/2017 - 14:10
What's wrong with spamming a code that gives people 10% off? It's win-win.

I also think it's especially tough to call someone out on this for sharing their code right here on the WM forums where the codes originated.

As for flipping; this is a unique situation. Everyone who buys extra copies of Paprium before manufacturing begins has brought into the world more copies of the game that would not have existed otherwise. Everyone who buys more than one copy has made Paprium less rare and more difficult to flip.
Sega Dude
Woot! The message above has an outstanding like-o-ratio of:
50%
18/04/2017 - 14:38
I just noticed this golden icon.[:O][:O]

Wow, awesome.
Fight the future, with the power of your Dreamcast.
18/04/2017 - 20:28

I just noticed this golden icon.[:O][:O]

Wow, awesome.

I want that too heh [:P]
5% off discount code in PAPRIUM and other products: 1441789
18/04/2017 - 21:24

As for flipping; this is a unique situation. Everyone who buys extra copies of Paprium before manufacturing begins has brought into the world more copies of the game that would not have existed otherwise. Everyone who buys more than one copy has made Paprium less rare and more difficult to flip.  

Except, as appears to be more likely, there is a predetermined number of copies of certain limited versions. (The standard release, if you like, will not be.) Bulk buying of these means fewer people get to buy them from WM. Fonzie has even stated as such, limited means limited. The rarity does not go up or down in terms of numbers, but the distrubition to fewer people means it is in a sense rarer.

And as fewer people are able to buy them, when there is clearly the demand (one LE has already sold out), there will be flipping, by the few that have bought many copies.

(BTW...to think, whatever your reasoning, that people bulk buying copies means it will be more difficult to flip...I've heard of smarter Darwin award recipients...)
FM Towns Fan
18/04/2017 - 23:05
 Except, as appears to be more likely, there is a predetermined number of copies of certain limited versions. (The standard release, if you like, will not be.) Bulk buying of these means fewer people get to buy them from WM. Fonzie has even stated as such, limited means limited. The rarity does not go up or down in terms of numbers, but the distrubition to fewer people means it is in a sense rarer.

And as fewer people are able to buy them, when there is clearly the demand (one LE has already sold out), there will be flipping, by the few that have bought many copies.

(BTW...to think, whatever your reasoning, that people bulk buying copies means it will be more difficult to flip...I've heard of smarter Darwin award recipients...)  

I've bought a bunch of copies for people who missed out on investing. They gave me $50 USD (my cost) and when I get the game I'll hand it over to them. So right there is an example of buying extra with no flipping. Is my reasoning still up for a Darwin Award?

Yup, some people will flip. Some have other plans. So what? Remember it's the game that matters. People will have the option to buy the regular edition for a long time and again later in re-prints.
Sega Dude
18/04/2017 - 23:13
For kicks I just now added Paprium LE US to my cart and I could do it. Where as Sacred Line would not allow me to add it to my cart.

Maybe the US (Genesis) LE for Paprium is not actually sold out? Maybe the sold out graphic is just a mistake?

There's also that 'WM HARD' product on the store that looks like a mistake too.
Sega Dude
19/04/2017 - 16:06
I never said everyone. Good on you!

Yes, still flawed. There are people who have missed out and who will miss out on buying the edition they want from WM due to flippers.

Amusing stance though.

It's the 'E' LE that has sold out not the 'U'. Sold out on both Paprium and WMHard lol.
FM Towns Fan
19/04/2017 - 16:17
You are right about the flippers. But I have no idea how to fix it. If some people are willing to buy at really inflated prices it's hard to argue with it.

I was at a Game Exchange recently and a vendor was selling a sealed Pier Solar Genesis Posterity Edition. He was taking offers and suggested that is sold on ebay between $300-$500.

I'd love to have that version but of course I had to walk away.

I'm also really curious about WM Hard!
Sega Dude
You may want to sign-in or register to reply to this message.

BLANK CONTENT

FRANÇAIS
ESPAÑOL
PORTUGUÊS
  DEUTSCH  
日本語
Filter: OFF
OPTIONS