BLOGS
FOROS
FACTORÍA  &  TIENDA
Foros
Foros Pier Solar Acerca del juego
Red screen after license message 
07/03/2018 - 21:14
Hey all

So I just got a new Mega Drive the other day, and I wanted to test Pier Solar out on it. I have a reprint edition, and the Mega Drive is a Model 1 VA6 PAL, modified to be region free with a dual frequency oscillator. Anyway, every Mega Drive I've ever owned has run Pier Solar just fine, except this one, it either doesn't launch at all, or it gets to the license screen and then displays a completely red screen, or it gets to the license screen and crashes. Anyone else have this issue, or any ideas how to resolve it? It seems to happen no matter which region my Mega Drive is set to. Bizarre.
07/03/2018 - 22:02
You may try this: https://www.magicalgamefactory.com/fr/faq/ps-faq_16/  (TLDR: press reset after power on)
Most annoying fanboy ever
09/03/2018 - 12:36
I tried that, several times, it didn't work. I did however manage to get it working: I normally have a Sega CD 2 attached, and the game boots and plays fine without the Sega CD attached, but crashes to a red screen with it attached. It makes me wonder why this is, as my Model 2 plays the game with the Sega CD attached with no issues.
09/03/2018 - 14:45
Sounds like you have the same problem I did. Turn the power on on the Genesis. Insert the cartridge after. Press reset on the system. Game should boot fine after that.
Don't forget my royalties if you quote or use my suggestions.
09/03/2018 - 15:48
I'll give that a try, thanks!
12/03/2018 - 10:38
So I tried that, and it did not work, sadly. I can only get the game to boot if I don't have the Sega CD attached, which is very bizarre.
13/03/2018 - 03:31
That's unfortunate, the soundtrack from the Pier Solar Sega CD music disc is a million times better than the Mega Drive-quality soundtrack, in fact I'd rank it right up there as one of the best jrpg soundtracks ever imo.
14/03/2018 - 15:57
I agree, the CD soundtrack is awesome, and it works perfectly fine on my model 2, just not on my model 1.
Puede que quiera iniciar sesión o registrarse para contestar a este mensaje.
BLANK CONTENT

ENGLISH  
FRANÇAIS
PORTUGUÊS
  DEUTSCH  
日本語
Filtrar: OFF
OPCIONES